Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Years & Happy Birthday Papa!

New Years Eve and Papa's Birthday were so much fun although I will admit that I only stayed awake until about 11:00 pm. . . I just couldn't quite make it to the stroke of midnight, but in my behalf Scott was out by 10:30 so it wasn't really worth it to stay up much later because I certainly wasn't going to get a lucky kiss at midnight! We celebrated with red velvet cake(Papa's favorite), a Nertz championship which after 10+ years playing together Scott and I finally won although I'm pretty sure that Team Ethnee/Scott may have been cheating for most of the evening so the stats aren't all correct. . .hmmm. We had a Wii shootout and Wii Fit fest, and we ate really good Mexican food compliments of Vanessa & Jake. Avonleah created a dinosaur zoo out of blocks and her new dinosaurs and just meshed right into the fun until she crashed in my arms at 10:00 pm. It was really fun to spend our last night of vacation just hanging out and having a really good time. Happy Birthday Papa! Thanks for all the memories!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job of sharing our family being together....such cutie pictures of everyone especially Boo Boo Avonleah...

Erica Shurter said...

Great fun! Super cute pics! Happy Birthday Warren! :)

Laura said...

I hear you on not making it to midnight. What old geezers we are! And I've heard about that game Nertz but never played it, you'll have to show us. :)