I remember as a child getting geared up to go to the Apache County Fairgrounds in Arizona to see all the 4-H steers, the local rodeo, and ride at least one ride that would make me sick enough to actually think I would throw up! Then we'd sit on the blazing hot bleachers under the grandstand and listen to some good old fashioned Country Music drinking hot cans of SunKist Orange Soda and eating cotton candy! I must say the Puyallup Fair is a far cry from those little County Fairs that hold a dear spot in my heart, it is an extravaganza that would take at least a few days to explore in its entirety. We had been planning on this outing with some other preschoolers for a few weeks and the morning of the event Avonleah woke up crying. . .this may be normal for some mothers of 3 year olds, but I have a child who takes after the Pollyanna glad game attitude of my mother. She wakes up with a smile on her face and welcomes Mr. Sunshine and kisses everyone and is ready to go within 1 minute of awaking. It has taken some adjusting on my "not a morning person personality" to handle this morning cheerfulness. Anyway, on this particular morning she was not feeling well and crying and I kept telling her we could stay home and go to the fair another day but she wanted to go so bad that she pushed herself into a good mood and ended up having a great time! She was told she was a "master milker" so perhaps we need to get ourselves out of the city and live on a little dairy farm to help her cultivate this hidden talent! After a couple hours we rode the shuttle home and got a much needed nap!
No comments:
Post a Comment