Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Howdy Partner!


When I was three I was promised a pair of red cowboy boots if I would stop sucking my thumb. Unfortunately to my mother's dismay my father purchased me some wranglers, a plaid shirt, some boots and of course the leather belt with my name stamped on the back, not because I quit sucking my thumb but because I was. . .well, because I was spoiled. I didn't stop sucking my thumb until I was like eight and I'm scarred for life now, with horrid buck teeth and the inability to soothe myself without my thumb and many other things I've had to have years of counseling to overcome. But, my secret love of all things cowboy has passed on to my little Avonleah, she loves horses and plays "cowgirl" a lot, pretending she's riding the range with "Woody" from Toy Story and roping everything in site, you gotta watch your legs when you stand up because she often will hog tie you when you're not expecting it. This morning Scott took her on an adventure to find a new kite and upon returning I was greeted by this cute little thing in a pink hat, with a roping rope who said, "HOWDY PARTNER!" in the best Texas accent any three year could force out. Apparently kite hunting led to the local feed store and the $5 kite budget "stretched" to afford a new pink hat and roping rope. I can't really complain though, she just looks so darn cute. Scott snapped this picture with him camera phone so it's not the best quality but it captured her so perfectly I had to use it rather than make her pose for a better one.

No comments: