Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July 2008!









I felt a little out of sorts this Fourth of July with my family reunion being over and then the passing of Scott's sister and I just couldn't seem to get organized and festive. Thank goodness our church had a pancake breakfast and bike parade for the kids, of course after arriving and putting Avonleah on her bike I noticed her little knees were hitting the handlebars (I guess she's grown over the winter months!). We celebrated the rest of the day in Enumclaw with our friends the Johnsons. The city of Enumclaw always holds a real hometown kind of 4th of July and it's mostly free so it's great for families. We concluded the evening with fireworks and sparklers and a birthday cake to celebrate our nation's birthday!!! My goal was to just make sure Avonleah had a great day and from the looks of it she did, plus she got to ride a pony so that makes everything great in her world!!!

1 comment:

D and M said...

Look at the smile on that kids face on that pony!!! You two did good. She is a cutie (Av not the pony...). Nice to see a smile on Scott's face also. Hang tuff bud.

UNC DY