It is said that mother's are the best engineers for fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants fixes, I must admit that I agree with this, only another mother will understand why you have to keep duck tape, safety pins, extra clothing, fruit snacks, water bottles, wet wipes, and other such items in your purse at all times . You always have to be prepared for the unexpected, children can be extremely unpredictable and there definitely is no rule book for what to do in a toddler crisis. My engineering skills were pushed to the limit on our latest preschool picnic outing to the park with our friends the Johnsons. Avonleah suffers from a condition known as V.U.R. and often suffers from kidney infections which causes her bladder to be really weak during these infections (she is so going to hate me for sharing this someday). Anyway, being a little caught off guard and unprepared I had no fresh underwear or pants and she was determined that she wanted to keep playing a little longer so I fashioned her some trousers out of a jacket . . doesn't she look thrilled! We got such a kick out of her running around in her MC Hammer looking outfit . . Can't Touch This!!!
Friday, June 13, 2008
Mommy Engineering
It is said that mother's are the best engineers for fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants fixes, I must admit that I agree with this, only another mother will understand why you have to keep duck tape, safety pins, extra clothing, fruit snacks, water bottles, wet wipes, and other such items in your purse at all times . You always have to be prepared for the unexpected, children can be extremely unpredictable and there definitely is no rule book for what to do in a toddler crisis. My engineering skills were pushed to the limit on our latest preschool picnic outing to the park with our friends the Johnsons. Avonleah suffers from a condition known as V.U.R. and often suffers from kidney infections which causes her bladder to be really weak during these infections (she is so going to hate me for sharing this someday). Anyway, being a little caught off guard and unprepared I had no fresh underwear or pants and she was determined that she wanted to keep playing a little longer so I fashioned her some trousers out of a jacket . . doesn't she look thrilled! We got such a kick out of her running around in her MC Hammer looking outfit . . Can't Touch This!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I didn't even notice Avonleah's new look until I read your whole post. You are goooood.
Your Awesome, and talented like that! Your a Great Fashion designer girl! I miss you! Hope all is well!
You should be on Project Runway with that outfit. Can you reproduce that again in a size 4T?
Post a Comment