


In an attempt to stay on our new and improved "move into our own home" budget plan, Avonleah and I threw a Friday Night Fiesta Date for Scott rather than going out and spending money! We made homemade green chile' enchiladas, spicy spanish rice, guacamole and even baked and fried our own corn tortilla chips. In the middle of the festivities Avonleah pipes up and says, "ponta tico frita" followed by "those are my Spanish words," I realized immediately that perhaps I grew annoyed with Dora the Explorer far too early and should have let her watch a few more episodes so she could learn actual Spanish, but fake Spanish is way more fun anyway! After the delicious dinner we tried our hand at homemade paper mache', with the plans to turn it into a pinata for family home evening the following Monday night! We'll just kindly say that Scott was too tired and stressed for such a project and in true "Project Scott" fashion got bored halfway through, put a whole sheet of newspaper in the glue bowl and smothered it across his balloon, this of course used up almost all the glue, sent Avonleah into fits of disappointment tears, and a complete meltdown. The next morning Scott's smothered balloon was deflated into a heap of messy gluey newspaper and Avonleah upon spying it says, "dad didn't follow directions very good so his balloon is broken." See I taught my daughter an important principle about how following my directions is always the best, my evil plan for complete control is working!!

2 comments:
Thats pretty cool! Good job on saving money and staying in for a wonderful cooked meal. It looks like ya'll had fun! Miss ya, TTYS
Sounds delicous. You really went all out. I am impressed. Cute pictures as well.
Post a Comment