Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!

For Father's Day this year Avonleah and I decided to make a special duck tape wallet (yes we really made it and it really works!) full of Avonleah Bills that said all the things she loved about her #1 Dad! Avonleah kept the secret all week while we worked on it then Sunday morning she blurted out, "Dad we got you a new wallet!" He of course thought he was getting a new fancy wallet and was excited but the surprise of duck tape creations was exhilarating too. We cooked him pancakes and bacon for breakfast and meatloaf for dinner and for the record . . .Scott does not like mashed potatoes homemade or otherwise, after 10 years of knowing him I missed that somehow . . .hmmm. Happy Father's Day Scott!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I will eat Scott's mashed potatoes for him. :)
The wallet turned out so cute! You'll have to show me how to make it Martha.

D and M said...

I will take his taters. The photo with Scott and Av is to die for. So cute. As for the wallet, I made one (as seen on Lifehacker..my fav place on the net) just to see if it would work and it is just to freakin cool. Also, I open up your site and Ingrid Michaelson was playin and i was listening to her at home. Different song (Die Alone...check it out, pretty deep). Love you guys.
UNC DCG

curly girl said...

HOW CUTE! I want to see it! You are too creative for your own good, you know that?!