
Scott had to work on Memorial Day morning so before the big afternoon events Avonleah and I spent the morning lounging in our pajamas, talking about Memorial Day and learning our pledge of allegiance. We made these memorial day dog tags with pictures of Darron to remember that we have soldiers fighting in a war right now and many that have given their lives already. I believe in the importance of teaching our children to be good patriots in the great country where we live! We had an awesome afternoon full of activities that I'll update on here soon.

1 comment:
That is awesome! Great job! Since it was E's birthday, I have to admit that I didn't give a lot of attention to that part of the holiday. A few days before Mem Day, the girls did ask what Memorial Day is for, and then as we discussed, they realized it's not the happiest day to have a birthday. They did wear their red, white, and blue, though...we tried a little bit! ;)
Post a Comment