

As an adult my friends would definitely not call me the "outdoor-sy" type. I'm not one that does things like hiking and camping and fishing and rock climbing . . .that is until recently. I have embraced the fact that my childhood in the country mountains of Arizona was not only positively amazing but something that I would like to share with my own daughter. I miss the great outdoors, the smell of recently rained on dirt, the tree sap that sticks on your hands forever and smells of pine and tree bark, the berries you can use to war paint your face with, and the freedom of just being. Our friends the Johnsons have introduced us to a great new family hobby called "letterboxing." It's like treasure hunting for families, and in the spirit of Indiana Jones and Nathional Treasure Movies, we spent Memorial Day afternoon in Frontier Park (Graham, WA) searching for hidden letterboxes, playing in the great outdoors and just enjoying "being." (Doesn't Scott look great with all those kids in tow . . .we definitely need to have a dozen or so more!)

1 comment:
I love the pictures, it looks like a professional took those. ;) Letterboxing is SO the "in" thing to do these days, don't you love it? We will have to do it again sometime...when it stops raining!
Post a Comment