In the spirit of All Hallow's Eve I hunkered down and got to the exciting and tedious task of carving a jack-o-latern with an almost three-year old. For the record carving pumpkins is dangerous and not a good toddler activity really, but ahhh the memories and family traditions that must be instilled!! Since she has inherited my obvious squeamish texture issues, she at first refused to clean out the seeds because the "worms were too slippery" but thanks to an inventive pumpkin carving kit that came complete with skeleton gloves we were able to face down the messy, slippery, worms and get to the carving! Aunt Emily helped with this part of the task because there was only one pair of skeleton gloves and I do HATE slimy things :). 

1 comment:
Last year when we carved pumpkins, I was so intent on my own carving that I failed to see that Ryan had one of the carving knives and slipped and punctered his head with it. His skull must be thick cuz he didn't even bleed. Aren't I the best mom ever? :( That little terd is going to be the death of me! Your little girl is sure cute. Makes me wish you were closer. I love to bake this time of year too! Love and miss you!
Post a Comment