
This is the first real cookie making experience Avonleah and I have done together and I guess my first thought is to commend my mother for allowing any of us even in the vicinity of the kitchen when she was baking. I would get the dough all rolled out and ready to cut with the cookie cutters and then quick as a wink Avonleah would make "ghost tracks" in the cookie dough (look how proud she is!) and of course we'd have to start all over. Oh and the frosting. . .wow. . .messy, messy and lots of licking. I now have 3 dozen pumpkin, ghost, and cat shaped cookies with Avonleah's special frosting licks and finger dips in them and decorated with about 300 sprinkles per cookie! She loves to bake though and help in the kitchen and I can't stifle that creativity. I definitely will have to remember to thank my mother for her undying patience and never getting mad when I chose to exercise my creative options in the baking process. Holidays have a way of helping us remember the little things our parents did that had great impact on our lives and how we raise our own children.
No comments:
Post a Comment