When my mom first came to stay she was there to help with the children so Scott could go to work and then she was there to help them with school (she's a great homeschool teacher bytheway), and then when I got home from the hospital she had to take care of me too. Her presence in our home was such a gift. I literally slept for almost 2 weeks when she was first here, it was as if I finally could let go and relax and allow myself to heal. I got up to eat, go the bathroom, kiss my kids, and then back to bed. After those weeks I got in kind of a post traumatic event slump. . .I didn't think it was feasible for me to re-enter the responsibilities of my life and furthermore I really didn't want to. . .It was too hard, I was too fatigued, I couldn't do it. My dear mother patiently nursed not only my body back to health but helped me find my strength, my faith and my desire to live again. She was and is everything I hope to be someday. After a month she finally had to go home. . .it was so sad, I could have used another month and still not had enough of her. We felt so blessed and lucky to have this time with her, she bonded with our family in a different way than ever before and it was fun to get to know her even better as she was with us day in and day out. She taught me so many tricks and shortcuts about how to get things done easier and more efficiently, she helped me come up with a schedule to make my life simpler and easier, she helped me revamp homeschool to work a little better and keep the spirit in our home even longer while the children were learning and she showed me ways to have fun with the girls without over doing it. We even got to stay up two nights and watch fun movies together . . .she is the best friend I have, I just love her. I hope I never have to have her come take over my life for me again, but if something should ever happen again to me I can't think of a better person to be here. Thank you Mom
1 comment:
She truly is one of the best people Heavenly Father created! I love her too and she blesses everyone she touches!
Post a Comment