Friday, January 24, 2014

These Are a Few of my Favorite Things



Let me begin by saying that my pain tolerance is very high. Either that or I just hate going to the doctor, but I will avoid going to the doctor/walk-in/ER/dentist at all costs.  The other night I surprisingly woke up in crazy severe pain . . .I mean like pre-labor type pain, and since I was sure I was not pregnant because that's next to impossible without intervention from fertility specialists, I was really concerned because it was horrible.  Of course, since it was 2 am in the morning I thought, oh I'll just take a hot bath and perhaps it will just go away.  Ummmm that didn't work . . .and neither did anything else I tried.   Then I started throwing up, like every 15 minutes . . .I thought for sure I was headed toward something serious.  I told Scott to find someplace, anyplace to take me to make this stop.  In his stupor of thought (he gets home at midnight so he had only been asleep a couple of hours) he starts aimlessly staring at his cell phone and says, "the walk-in clinic doesn't open until 7 am "  At this point I've lost my filter and I say as kindly as possible, "I don't need a freakin' walk-in, that's like for strep throat and pink-eye"  So finally we wake up all the kids and haul them off to the ER. . .where I find out I have. . .Kidney Stones. . .UGHH.  And not just 1 kidney stone. . .like kidneys full of kidney stones just waiting to be painfully passed through my body.  I'm like a kidney stone making factory.  I suppose I never do anything half-way so why should I do this half-way.  We're still trying to figure out all the logistics of getting rid of all of these stone but in the meantime my family has been so supportive and kind.   I am so blessed to have these amazing people behind me giving strength. 

No comments: