I love how the tree looks after Santa visits and it's quiet and still . . you know like when not a creature is stirring not even a mouse!
Adelaide was super excited to get some Twinkle Toe Shoes!
Prissy little Abigail knew exactly where those bows were supposed to be and it wasn't on the presents!
Santa found a Marine Recon shirt for Scott!
Abigail was quite enamored with Ryder and wanted to watch him play his game at Grandma Banker's house
Avonleah scored a Spirograph and some clay
I may or may not have turned into the Grinch at 3:30 am Christmas morning when I heard squealing excited girls screaming that Santa had come. . .ummm the rule was 5:00 am girls NOT 3:30 am. And so in true Grinch fashion I marched into the living room and dashed their little excited squeals by saying "I will cancel Christmas if you do not march back to bed until 5:00." Seriously what is wrong with me . . .I'm tired(yes 1 week later I am still tired *facepalm*) . . no excuse I know! When we finally all got up at the RIGHT TIME we had so much fun. Scott and I stuck to our goal to make sure and do only 3 presents for the girls to help them remember the 3 presents the wise men brought to baby Jesus. We did find a killer deal on the kids car and so we hid it in our closet and after things really settled down we were all "oh I think there's one more present in our closet, how did we forget that?!" What a pleasant surprise! It was definitely one of our favorite Christmas' thus far. We got to finish off the day by heading to our adopted family's home for Christmas Dinner and relaxing time with friends. We are so blessed to be able to have Christmas and to have good friends and to have the gospel. I feel very fortunate.
No comments:
Post a Comment