Halloween is such a weird and wacky holiday. . .I'm not a huge fan of the ghoulish, gory, scary parts of it. . .you will not find me in a haunted house or flashlight corn maze and you definitely will not find me watching terrifying movies and encouraging my kids to eat as much candy as possible on Halloween Night. No thank you, no sir-ee that is too much for this mom! On top of that, I am still wondering about the tradition of carving jack-o-lanterns. . .I say it every year and I'm saying it again. Why of why do we guard our children all year from knives and little saws and open flamed candles and then on Halloween we hand them a pumpkin carving knife, saw, and candle and let them go at their pumpkins? Needless to say my children and husband love carving pumpkins and this year we split into teams and had a lot of fun. . .Scott did have a hard time sharing with Avonleah because they both wanted to do the whole thing themselves *smirk*
Abigail loved squishing all the pumpkin guts through her fingers!
Adelaide was not thrilled at all about the amount of guts she had to clean out and was stressed because her hands were dirty and her glasses were falling down. . .I know really hard trials right?!
No comments:
Post a Comment