A year ago I nearly lost my life bringing this sweet baby into the world. I look back on that day and can hardly believe the amazing amount of blessings my Heavenly Father granted me both on that day and throughout the past year. This has been a whirlwind of a year in our family and watching this little amazing spirit grow and thrive every day has made me feel so much gratitude that I was given the gift of being able to not only have her but that I was able to be here to spend every minute of this past year with her. What a delightful child she is, so inquisitive and cautious of others and yet so full of energy and tenacity at home. She has such a calming effect on our home, she makes us smile and laugh and is always right by whenever anyone needs a hug and a kiss. She loves music and often hums herself to sleep, and her favorites are "Savior Redeemer of my Soul, and Jesus Savior, Pilot Me." She really brings me such peace and I often find myself holding her while she sleeps because it calms my soul. I always thought I would have 7 children all in a row and that I would be this amazing superpower mom. . .of course the Lord always has his own plans for us and instead of that vision I saw, I got something better for me. I was gifted three amazing girls, each with special gifts and qualities that bring out the best parts of me (and sometimes the worst *smirk*). I feel like I can be a superpower mom because my girls give me the strength to do so. . .and when I falter they are right there to remind me how much they love me and how much the Lord loves me, and that is enough. I am so blessed, and I love, love, love this little cutie Abigail! Happy Birthday Baby!

Holding her while she sleeps . . one of my favorite hobbies!
Where's Abigail?
Peek-a-boo!
This pink cupcake frosting is delicious!
Quite uncertain that she's being allowed to "rip" something!
I think she likes it!!
We had sort of a "trial run" of Abigail's birthday because I knew she would be too cautious to even smile when we celebrated with our dear friends and adopted grandparents. . .
Not a smile escaped her little face when we celebrated with our friends. . .but she did eat the plate!! Upon arriving home I see that my lovely friends decided to photobomb my phone, of course since you did I will post this amazingly cute picture of you all for all the world to see! Thanks Alfrey/Whites/Bankers for an amazing party and for being such a special part of our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment