Thursday, September 12, 2013
Fishing at Bill's Fishing Hole
I told Scott how much I loved to go fishing as a kid and so for my birthday weekend we took our girls on a fishing excursion to this little place down the road. Now that I live in the country there's all sorts of crazy places like this around and I'm loving all the experiences we are getting to share with our daughters. So this place is actually a place that supplies trout to local ponds and such and so there's a "you'll definitely catch something" kind of guarantee to fishing here. The girls had a blast learning how to bait their hooks and cast . . imagine how scary it would be to be standing next to wild and excited Avonleah casting a real live fishing rod with a hook on it next to you . . .so not safe ahhhh! The best part was when Avonleah actually had a fish on her hook and she started screaming and almost threw her rod into the pond. I was laughing and telling her to reel it in and she was screaming and trying to hand me the rod and it was so hilarious. The guys that ran the place were doubled over in tears over her antics. The second go round was much better and she reeled in to very nice looking rainbow trout. Adelaide was a natural and had no problem catching two of her own including a beautiful albino trout. The best part of the day was when one of the guys working there informed us that he was a biology major and invited the girls into the cleaning station for a little biology lesson. They got to see all the cool part of cleaning a fish, they got to touch the still beating heart after the head had been cut off and they got to help scoop out the bladder and touch the eyeballs and see the brain and everything. He gave them the best fish anatomy lesson to go right along with what we had been studying in science class and it was a perfect day. The hardest part was getting the girls to get back in the car. . .I think we'll be going fishing again for sure, now if only I could learn to like trout. . .not my favorite fish. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment