Monday, June 10, 2013

Road Trip Part 1






We got the grand idea that it would be great to drive to Utah for the family reunion this summer.  I got all prepared with window markers and car games, snacks and movies and we set out for a LONG drive.  Little did we know that our little Abigail would cry for 15 HOURS. . .she hated every single minute of the trip and proceeded to cry hard enough to throw up . . .I may or may not have broken all the rules of safe driving and hid in the backseat, blocked the window with a blanket and played with her just to keep my sanity. Along the way we found some fun things to stop and see and we even spent an unexpected night in a very cheap, very questionable motel.  I was once again very happy I married a man who knows how to get a deal because after washing out the throw up carseat cover in the bathtub Scott convinced a neighboring hotel owner to dry it for us in their dryer since no Laundromats were open at 6 am and our ghetto motel didn't have a dryer at all!  I guess all my road trip playlists will have to wait for next year since the soundtrack of our trip was waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!   Oh Abigail we sure do love you:) 

No comments: