Friday, February 22, 2013

Avonleah's Baptism Day


 




Avonleah's Baptism day was such an amazing day.  Of course it started out with lots of . . shall we say. . .high emotions screaming, crying defiance. . .no we'll say it like it really was . . .it in fact started out with the devil grabbing ahold of everything and making it one big crazy crying ugly mess . . .luckily that only lasted a little bit and things Avonleah settled down nicely and by the time we got to the church she was skipping around with excitement for the big day.  My favorite part of the day was when I met her on the steps of the baptismal fount as she came out of the water after Papa had baptized her, and she had this ginormous smile and said, "that was the best thing ever!"  Adelaide stole the whole day for a moment by singing a special musical number (I Am Like a Star Shining Brightly) at Avonleah's request.  She got up to the pulpit and gave me a big ole' thumbs up sign to signal that she was ready to go and then sang her little heart out. . .it was so darling! Avonleah was so blessed to have tons of friends show up and support her on this momentous day, the feelings of love and happiness in that small room were overwhelming.  I am not a person who usually cries when I feel the spirit, but as they blessed Avonleah with the Gift of the Holy Ghost I could feel how much my Heavenly Father loves Avonleah and each one of us as individuals.   I am so grateful for my girl who has chosen to make this important step in her life and is such a happy and delightful mess blessing in our lives. 

No comments: