Saturday, February 2, 2013
13+ Years of No Family Pictures
Most families have their yearly or bi-yearly (is that word?) family pictures taken looking all coordinated and fabulous so they can update their living room walls with adorable photos of everyone looking amazing(ly photoshopped) and/or send out an adorable Christmas Card complete with matchy matchy smiling faces and perfectly coiffed(again. . is this a word?!) hair. Unfortunately, We ARE NOT that family. In fact we are nearing our 14th (yes I'm getting old and yes it does feel like we've survived 14 years together) anniversary and we have never, no never ever ever, had a family picture taken. So this year after my mom asked me for the bazillionth (there I go again making up words) time if we could please, pretty please with a cherry on top and a healthy does of guilt inducing words ("yours is the only family we don't have on our family wall honey") I did it. . .I got a family picture taken. HOORAY for me! I've avoided it every year because I'm pregnant and feeling fat or I've just had a baby and I'm still feeling fat or my baby is three years old and I still haven't lost the baby weight or my hair is growing out or I have freckles or I haven't worked out in . . .well never or or. . .and this year I just said to heck with it. My friend was taking pictures for Avonleah's baptism invites (post on those adorable shots coming up next) and the night before the photo shoot I texted her and said, "hey do you think you could take just one pose of our family, you know nothing fancy just a quick shot?" When she said "of course" I frantically ran around the house trying to pull of some semblance of "matching but not matching" amazingness and was frantically searching my way through too many pinterest boards for that one pin about how to "match but not match" rules for family pictures and finally resolved to just pick three colors and everyone had to wear at least two of them ha ha! And she pulled off this amazing shot! She is quite amazing because it was literally FREEZING and she really only took one pose (she's amazing!) So finally I unveil The Betts Family . . .14 years later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I don't get on here nearly enough, but I love your family pic, and your adorable girls!!!! :)
So Cute! I love it.
Post a Comment