Saturday, November 10, 2012

Carving Jack O Lanterns!

I was really hoping to get out of all things Halloween this year by having a baby, but little miss baby decided she did not want to follow our holiday birthday tradition and did not make her grand entrance on Halloween. So hallelujah I got to take part in the grand dramatic tradition of pumpkin carving. Why oh why do we do this every year? It always ends up being a disastrous crying, messy mess, with one or both parents losing their patience and dare I say both children crying over who knows what. . .I may be in trouble for divulging this but Scott did happen to have a somewhat dramatic freak out that may or may not have ended with him loudly proclaiming that we "will never ever be carving jack o lanterns again!" But hey it was fun while it lasted!
 Avonleah loves the squishy, slimy, messy mess of carving pumpkins
 Adelaide's goofy face prior to finding out what the pumpkin "guts" felt like
 Completely disgusted at the prospect of cleaning out the pumpkin guts
 Even small knives and saws do not mix well with children
 So proud of her "bat kitty!"
 Helping finish up Adelaide's Snow White and his scary face pumpkin
Exhausted of all the efforts I painted my pumpkin instead of carving

No comments: