Monday, October 22, 2012

General Conference

 



 I love General Conference and as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints it's an amazing opportunity to hear from a modern day prophet.  It's a very strengthening time for me and I come away from conference with new ideas, new resolve to do better, and new strength to be the best I can be.  This year we pitched our "tents"  and camped out to listen to conference in our living room this year and as an incentive to listen for the girls I opened a "conference store."  They earned money for different things throughout conference. . .things like coloring a picture of the general authorities tie, or taking two full sentences of notes and recording a scripture reference that was used.  They earned cash for not talking during the talks and not interrupting each other.  They also got opportunities to earn money for being peacemakers with eacho ther and telling mom and dad they loved them!  At the end of every three talks we paused the conference and they got the chance to cash in!  They could buy small items or save up for the big dollar boxes of candy!  It worked amazingly well for encouraging reverence and attentiveness and was a great opportunity for us to be able to talk with them about what they actually heard and learned.  I loved learning how to be a better mother, how to support my husband better in his responsibilities, how to have a firmer testimony in Jesus Christ and His gospel and how to be more bold as a missionary.  I learned about the amazing power of the atonement if we utilize it every single day and how to find more peace in a world that is chaotic and full of so many things I do not personally believe or agree with.  I'm so glad I get to share this amazing children with my testimony as they are growing and learning and finding out truths of their own. 


No comments: