Well I forgot to post about our anniversary not because I forgot it but because it was a day that turned crazy really quickly. All our plans went south when we ended up at the doctors office with contractions, then on to an emergency ultrasound, and finally a diagnosis of preterm labor amongst other things that would include a "TMI" warning and so the day ended with me stuck on bed rest until further notice ugggh! We had agreed that although this was a special occassion that deemed remembrance and celebration given the trials and changes over the past year of our life that we wouldn't do any grand gifts or gestures but rather spend a moment together just being grateful we were together and that we were still working 100% on our marriage. Something Disney failed to mention after the "happily ever after" endings was that Prince Charming and Cinderella would have to work really hard to love and cherish each other and accept each other's differences and weaknesses. I believe strongly in "happily ever afters" but I believe they take a lot of work, a lot of compromise, a lot of prayer and selflessness, and a whole lot of unconditional love. I am so grateful we are where we are today and that we are together raising this amazing group of girls that has been so lovingly gifted to us. I am so grateful Scott could endure 6 months of me on fertility treatments (ha ha) to get this 3rd amazing little girl and that he is so kindly taking on so many extra responsibilities while I am on bed rest. I am forever grateful for the loving hand of my Father in Heaven who has guided us back to each other time and time again reminding us that His plan is so much greater than ours. I am happy to say that after being married for 13 years I can still look at this man and say I love him and I believe in him and I feel loved in return. What lessons times teaches all of us. I always find comfort in the words of Elder Uchtdorf who said, '"In stories as in life, adversity teaches us things we cannot learn otherwise. Adversity helps to develop a depth of character that comes in no other way. Our loving Heavenly Father has set us in a world filled with challenges and trials so that we, through opposition, can learn wisdom, become stronger, and experience joy." And a far as happily ever afters go he also said, "You can have it. It is available for you. But you must follow your Heavenly Father's map."
No comments:
Post a Comment