Sunday, July 1, 2012

Summer Sun and Fun

Okay well technically we are still waiting for the "sun" to come out but it is hot and overcast and humid so it's the summer for us here in the Pacific Northwest.  Here's some of what we've been up to.

 I'm a slave driver for morning chores. . .you gotta participate in keeping the family home running and I am not the maid (at least that's what I try to tell my family) ha ha.. .here's Avonleah washing the sliding glass doors. . .I think she may be smiling, maybe my goal of using chores to combat having "entitled children" may be working. . makes me want to sing, "when we're helping we're happy!"
 Both girls love spending long hours making creations with Legos. . .I love watching their little fingers and their determined little faces while they create.

 Scott literally is the luckiest man I know. . .well he got me didn't he *cheesy/cringe*. . .no, but I sent him off to Nordstrom Rack with a $40 budget and the girls in tow to keep him in check (he tends to stretch the budget without meaning too  *facepalm* and he found himself a pair of leather church/work shoes for 1 CENT. ..I'm serious, who else has ever lucked out at and chose the one pair of shoes in the entire store that they forgot to take off the shelf and so they sold them to you for a penny?!!  I may have to apologize for razzing him about sticking to the budget from now on ha ha!
 We had free tickets to go and see BRAVE and thank goodness for kids-in-mind.com we were able to predict the shocking "kiltless" moment that occurs half way through the movie.  Besides that little moment the rest of the movie was so much fun, I loved seeing a movie about the relationship between a mother and daughter . . .I may or may not have cried (ssshhh don't tell).  Avonleah is now desperate to figure out how to shoot a bow and arrow. . .hmmm that could be dangerous.
 Thank goodness one of my friends have a darling new baby girl because Avonleah has changed her mind about how great it's going to be to have another sister in our home come November!
I never understood why my parents took pictures of us sleeping, but there is something so beautiful about your children while they sleep . . .of course I love their zest while they're awake but I won't deny getting them to sleep somedays is very comforting.

No comments: