Yes it does say "YOU MAY DIE" needless to say I wasn't thrilled about signing that waiver. . .imagine the questions, "so how did your husband die?" me answering, "well he was was trying to be a Spartan Warrior!" ha ha
He marked his number like a mohawk on his head
They ran in groups of 300 to mimc the 300 Spartan Warriors who so valiantly fought!
The girls and I chilled aka rolled down the hills, got muddy ourselves and drank a lot of gatorade in the humidity and heat waiting for his to come to the halfway point where we coud see him. . .little did we know he was climbing through barbwire, carrrying bricks and tires, sliding in mud, hauling himself over giant cargo nets and climbing walls and running in between obstacles.
Here's the halfway point obstacle where we finally got to see him . . .he looked so exhausted and muddy but as soon as we started cheering for him he came of and gave the girls a muddy high five through the fence. Avonleah lovingly said,"I'm never washing this hand" and Adelaide looked at her hand in complete disgust and annoyance saying "eewwww!"
For every obstacle they didn't complete succesfully on the first attempt they had to do 30 burpees before being allowed to continue on. . .ouch.. . here he is doing one of only 3 sets he had to do!
On his way to one of the final obstacles. . .at least I think that mud monster is him! I joked with a lady standing next to me that we could probably just snap a random picture and since they were all covered in mud they'd never know it wasn't them.
Woo hoo he effortlessly got on top of this slick muddy climbing wall
and after running through walls of fire and jumping over a huge bonfire thing he bravely fought his way through these guys pummeling everyone
and finally crossed the finish line!
He was so disgustingly muddy and tired but so excited for conquering such an amazing battle!
No not a picture of his "guns" or what the girls call his "bad choices/tattooes". . .but look at the wounds, I mean battle scars!
Ahhh "WE ARE SPARTA!"
Oh an my lil spartan chick figured out how to blow bubbles while waiting for the race to end! Maybe I can get rid of her pluggy now by bribing her with bubble gum! All in all is was a fun Father's Day weekend and Scott felt amazing for his accomplishments, we were so proud of him and as much as I'm excited that he found a new hobby I still don't understand why someone would enjoy such a grueling test of strength. . .I'm pretty sure I will not be joining him in this hobby, I am a great spectator/cheerleader though! Congratulation Scott!
No comments:
Post a Comment