Saturday, February 11, 2012

Really?!

Of course we know Avonleah has quite the intelligent little mind that is smarter than . . .well myself on most days ha ha but I was actually in awe of the math skills she is showing these days. Check out this word problem. Restaurants generally charge 3 times the cost of the food for items on the menu. A restaurant pays $1.60 for a pound of fish, $1.80 for a dozen lemons, and $1.00 for parsley. If four fish dinners can be made from this, how much will each dinner cost?
She got well on her way to figuring out the correct answer she's just got to figure out division now . . .
We've decided that she's quite the brilliant scatterbrain! I love how she can nearly solve that problem but still can't quite write a $ correctly. I also love how amazing her teachers are to enrich her learning and allow her to be her amazing self at the same time!

No comments: