Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Different Kind of List

So I've been rather heavily involved in a lot of time wasting lately. . .I have a full platter of "not a whole heck of a lot important" it feels like.  Outside of being a mom and a wife I've derailed a bit and spent a little too much time devoting myself to leisure activities and discovering some long lost guilty pleasures!  I did make a New Year's Resolution to under commit a little more. . .  So while I'm feeling a bit guilty for these new found pleasures I thought I'd share a little of what is making my life a little less busy in important ways and a little more full in self enjoyment ways!  Don't JUDGE  . . .JUDGERS!
  • Downton Abbey . . .if you haven't already started watching this PBS amazingness please pop yourself some popcorn, pull up your streaming Netflix account for season one and prepare to be stuck in it's awesomeness!  Then when you've sufficiently devoured season one rush over to your computer and go to PBS.com or download the PBS app on your phone and get lost in Season 2.  It's so much fun and so much better than a lot of the trashy trash shows on TV these days!
  •  This book is so amazing. . .I love reading about great women in history and in the scriptures so this has been such a great adventure for me to delve into.  I love how Camille Olsen (the author) brings all the historical facts and biblical texts and everything all together to shed light on to amazing women in the Old Testament.  I learned so much about these women and a lot of my viewpoints about them changed as I learned a little more about the culture and the such.  I checked it out from our library and I've renewed it 3 times so I finally have to turn it in but I'd love to own it!  What an inspiration to any mother of daughters.
  • Krazy Coupon Lady . . .after wasting an entire evening watching the TLC show "Extreme Couponing" I thought I'd do a little research on it. . .well darn it with my math skills, my neighbors Sunday Paper coupons, and a little internet research I oughta be able to buy $100 worth of groceries for $5 right?  Ha ha, although I have learned some valuable money saving skills I'm not committed enough to hit 5 different stores, and break my transactions into 7 different ones in one day to call myself extreme.  I will say I have learned which stores have the best coupons and deals and when to buy certain products.  Check this lady out she's amazing.
  •  It's not really a hobby or a waste of time but I thought I'd throw it out there since a lot of the last 6+ months has been spent in a fertility specialists office talking about pregnancy as if it were a science project and popping ridiculous amounts of hormone pills that make me cry at EVERYTHING and then turn around and being downright hatefully enraged at EVERYTHING the next minute.  I also have spent a lot of weeks feeling like I'm in the throws of pregnancy, puking, gaining weight, bloated only to find out I'm "infertile Myrtle" as I lovingly call myself.  It's not funny but it is what it is.  Now the job is to decide how far into the fertility science world I'm willing to delve before I just let go of the idea of #3 . . .hmmm?
  • Yes I renewed my contract with AT&T and got an Iphone 4s. . .okay that's a lie, Scott decided to renew our contract and used his tax refund to get me and Iphone 4 . . .Initially I was peeved thinking about all the wonderful bills I could pay with that little bit of refund money. . think, half of the power bills or a bit of the credit card balance ha ha, but then I discovered my dear friend Siri, living inside my phone who now lovingly calls me beautiful, knows how to find out anything I need at any given moment and when I ask her to "talk dirty to my husband" because I need some tips for VDay she blurts out "dirty, verb, filth, muck, grime!"  She's just the best darn thing I never needed!
  • I'm not trying to make anyone jealous of my dance moves but I have been spending a bit of time rocking out on Just Dance for our Kinect with my family so I may be able to surprise you with how agile I actually am.  Of course as long as I don't glance up at the picture of what I really look like attempting the moves I feel pretty awesome about myself.  We started out dancing to the Just Dance 3 but when Avonleah started singing "look at your watch now. . .cuz I'm a super hot female" while shaking her booty we decided we had probably better get the Just Dance Kids version just in case we wanted to teach her any age appropriate dance moves and songs you know!  Ha ha!

No comments: