Avonleah's teacher asked me if I'd be open to helping Avonleah complete some enrichment projects pertaining to some books she's read in the classroom. Being a newbie parent of a first grader I'm like sure I love enrichment projects (having no idea what I was getting myself into). Later that week I receive an email that says. . ."please help Avonleah make a diorama about the MTH dinosaur book, she's really excited to do something with clay so maybe you could incorporate that." It was like reading a foreign language, I mean what the heck is "MTH" and "diorama" . . .and thank you for getting my child excited about the one thing I as a parent dread . . .playdoh/clay, paint & Avonleah. So here's the finished product and can I just say I'm an awful parent when it comes to crafty projects. They fill me with uncontrollable anger as I'm watching the paint fly and trying to get stupid little pieces to stick together and trying to figure out what kind of glue will work on semi-dry clay dinosaurs and arguing about what colors of paint to mix together to get purple. . . it was not a pretty parenting moment. In the end, I just turned the girl loose, relaxed my OCD craziness and let her have fun. Oh I can't wait for the next "enrichment project" it oughta be a real treat!
I never blogged about the major ice storm and power outage up here because . . well probably because we spent 3 days in the freezing dark with no electricity and then Scott fell down the stairs (sounds like an abusive spouse excuse eh? *smirk*) and lucky for us we got to warm up in the doctors office while he got an XRay which told us there was no breaks just a deep bone bruise, and we took a few drives on the only plowed road to warm our tootsies and charge our cell phones, and we tried to sleep all snuggled together in one big bed and we ate lots of PB&J Sandwiches and read by the light of a kerosene lantern someone gave me for a decoration! . . .anyway during this whole freezing dark adventure we lost a few of our fish. So this week we added 3 new members who have been named "Nile", "Pinky" and . . .darn I forgot the last one. . .and a new pirate ship hiding spot. . I'm such an awesome parent to let my kids have a pet ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment