Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Adelaide!

Something definitely happens between age 2 and 3  . . .I'm not going to jinx myself and say that the third year is usually synonymous with "terrible threes" but it has been my experience to watch as little she-devils begin to emerge out of my girls as they get closer to three.  Adelaide has been a such an easy delightful child to have. . .she's really just a fun little friend that I have to hang out with all day and doesn't demand a whole lot other than snuggles and snacks!  She has of late though become a bit more opinionated, bossy, and quick tempered.  She's quite demanding and she's does these exasperated sighs and pouts when things aren't going her way.  I giggle quietly as she says things like, "this stinkin' train track won't work" or "that darn squinky is being ridiculous!"  She is really starting to come out of her quiet shy shell and show some real spark of personality. On Sunday she not so nicely told her Dad "Don't touch me . . ooooo" with this scowl on her face right in the middle of the prayer. .is this zestiness a good thing?   I certainly think so!  Bring it on girl I gotta love for sassy girls ,it challenges me to come up with creative discipline!  I am so blessed to have my second little miracle baby and she is definitely my girl that smothers me with hugs and kisses and clings a little too much so I get lots of me and her time and it's really nice.  Happy Birthday my little special girl!
 We celebrated Adelaide's 3rd birthday a day early so that Grandma and Grandpa Betts could come and be with us.  Adelaide was so excited all day for her party!
 She asked me every half hour "is it time for my party now?" While waiting she begged to watch Finding Nemo over and over. . .it's her new favorite hobby she likes to quote the lines "hey there grumpy gills" and "Do you got a problem buddy, do you, do you, ocean is big enough for ya huh huh huh?! " It's so funny!
 She wanted a Thomas the Train party with cupcakes and pink frosting and purple sprinkles. . .quite the mixture!
I made a new birthday banner and it turned out really cute and showcased just how much she's grown up this year. . .aahhh my baby's getting big.
 I think Grandma and Grandpa Betts were surprised that "dinner" was actually a feast of Adelaide's favorites . . .heart shaped chocolate sandwiches (nutella), star shaped cheese cuts, and chicken nuggets!  Ha ha, so much for grown up food at this party!


 She had a blast blowing and catching bubbles, it's always so delightful to watch children enjoy the little things with such abandon.
 A little apprehensive about blowing out the candles
 Not so apprehensive about digging in!

 Having a little one on one with Grandpa Betts

1 comment:

ROARleagueOFjustUS said...

we love you sassy-adelaide! happy bday from the colorado rohrers! sorry we missed the festivities!!!!