Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Skate Party Ridiculousness

So our orthodontic office hosted it's annual skate party last night and of course we went to take advantage of some of the free fun and goodies since we basically give them 20% of our income anyway . . .well maybe not that much but it sure feels like that!  Avonleah doubted my ability to skate but I assured her that by age 7 my cousin Sonda and I were like skating champions and even had full on skating routines we performed.  Of course I am not that  . . .um shall we say slender and bendy anymore . . . I am more of  what I like to call a  "mom skater" who does not wear mom jeans . . .often *smirk*  but we still had fun with no falls.  Well no falls until this crazy little girl knocked down an entire row of children standing by me like a stack of dominoes and the final girl's skates flew at my ankle and had me nearly saying curse words . . .of course while helping all of them up ha ha!  It was a good night and even Adelaide got out in the rink and tried out skating so we had a lot of fun.  We should have a skating party for our next reunion. . .hint hint Ethnee, it would go perfect with your love of the 80's!

1 comment:

Sonda Bryce said...

I have been on a media fast... not by choice but haven't been able to keep up with you. I was peeing my pants about this post and remembering all our awesome sports ventures. I think there was a summer that we wrecked on at least 4 different types of contraptions with wheels... bike, skates, skateboard and pogo stick... ok so no wheels on the last one but still freakin funny! Love you bunches. Thanks for the giggle today! :O)