Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

 Thanksgiving was really fun this year, Avonleah warmed up for the Turkey Bowl by spending a little reading time in her favorite position . . .I'm serious she does this often . . .we used to be worried, now its just the norm, maybe all that blood running to her head is the secret to her super smartness!
 Adelaide got all her trains ( and a polly pocket car!) geared up for heading over to Grandma Banker's (our adopted family) to help with the preparations because her and I are not really "Turkey Bowl in the Rain" kind of girls!
 After the game Dad and the girls took a little snuggle time while watching the pre-recorded Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade (did anyone else see that Newsies is headed to Broadway!  woo hoo)
 The girls got decked out in their turkey shirts that I actually made . . .yeah I'm finally putting my Pinterest obsession to good use. . .yes I'm patting myself on the back for this first applique attempt, pretty darn cute I think . . well the girls are cuter but you know what I mean. (The fading line bruise on Avonleah's forehead is apparantly from when she was walking to her 2nd grade class and was talking to her friends in the hallway and ran smack into the divider between the doors . . .how sad, she was laughing when she told me this and said, "I learned I should probably stop talking and pay attention to where I'm walking"  hmmm you think?!)
 We were blessed to be around amazing friends this year for a really special Thanksgiving celebration.  They opened their hearts and their home to us and we had a really amazing time.  After dinner we all went to see Happy Feet 2 and then when we got back to the house we were included in their Thanksgiving tradition of Mrs. Claus. 
Each year Mrs. Claus leaves pajamas and a book for each child in a basket on the door step and the kids all put on their matching pajamas and start reading their books.  It's a really fun tradition to get those Christmas jammies a little more wear during the Christmas season instead of just Christmas Eve.  We are so thankful for good friends and kind hearts and the gift of the atonement that allows all of us to start each day fresh with no mistakes in it!

No comments: