Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sock Bun Curls

Can I just say that I am about the laziest mother in the mornings. . .srsly I am!  I wait until the very last minute to get out of bed then I have everything all ready from the night before so we can be out the door in like 20 minutes flat!  We have homemade healthy freezer McMuffins (I'll post about those later), I lay out clothes the night before, lunches are made and put in the fridge before Avonleah goes to bed. . .so really it works out  smoothly. . . EXCEPT ME . . .there is no possible way to look amazing and get two girls looking amazing in 20 minutes.  Most morning I throw on a hoodie, sling my hair into a messy high ponytail/bun, put on some boots and head out the door.  I realized I was heading towards being that mom that teenagers are embarrassed about (I can hear it now "srsly Mom don't drop me off at school in your pajamas it's emmmbbaarraasssing")  Then I discovered  . . .wait for it . . .SOCK BUN CURLS!  I thought is was a hoax, I swore it wouldn't work because nothing can curl my hair in that wavy messy cute way and have it last in this Seattle dreary rainy-ness,  but it works and now I am looking at least 50% better before I walk out the door on at least 3 out of 5 days!  I'm still waiting for one of those machines like on the Jetsons where you walk through and you're dressed, make-up'ed and hair did (hee hee) in 30 seconds. . .I'll let you know when I invent that!  So here's some proof that sock bun curls work . . .and yes I used just one sock, one night, and nothing else, this is before doing anything else besides taking out the sock, it goes into perfect messy waves once you run your fingers through it!  Amazing I know, I may never be the same!


No comments: