Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day





I wish that Valentine's Day was as simple and easy as it was in your childhood.  When the hardest part of the day was deciding which boy to give your best homemade Valentine to and the cruelest emotional crisis was either getting a simple "Be My Valentine" card with a bee on it from your crush or having to actually celebrate the day as "Single Awareness Day."  I must admit most of my formative dating years were littered with instances of surprise breakups a few days before the big VDay and then apology flowers and promises once it was over.  Once upon a time I was unscathed by the tricky "Pre-Valentine's Day Dump" and was treated to an entire day of amazing romantic gestures and promises of forever and by the end of the day I was dreaming about picket fences and 6 children and a big Emerald Cut Diamond on my left hand.  Sadly the after Valentine's Day crash happened, you know the feeling when nothing your man can say or do will live up to your expectations because you are still comparing it to the Valentine's Day events.  Needless to say this Valentine captured my heart and soul and then ripped it out leaving me a bit jaded. . .and I kind of forgot how to just love and be loved.  Finally I have discovered something amazing. . .frozen reeses pieces!!  No just kidding I've discovered how much fun it is to celebrate the big VDay with kids.  I had so much fun celebrating with my little girls this year.  We had pink milk and pink yogurt, we wore pink and red, we styled our hair in hearts, listened to music about love and went and heart attacked people's front doors. So I'm back on the love wagon. . .I believe finally that all you really need is love . . .and chocolate . . .and diet coke!!! 

No comments: