Thursday, January 13, 2011
But MOOOOOMMMM!!!!
Somedays it seems that I spend the entire day playing referee. My soundtrack to the day is like a screaming rap song of "mine" "give it to me" "waaaahh" "but Mooommm" followed by me chiming in about time outs and thinking spots and losing earned marbles. Adelaide recently learned that if you scream at the top of your lungs for several seconds it really gets some attention so I'm working on just ignoring that ridiculousness while still saving my sanity! It's tiring and monotonous and sometimes I wonder if even the most motivated of CEO's could manage a household of children. I never ever imagined that the day to day of mothering included things like this. I find myself sneaking into the bathroom with my Iphone just so I can check my email or send a quick text message without all the constant noise and chatter in the background. . .only to be interrupted by kids barging in as if I needed no privacy and continuing to talk as if I wasn't sitting there using the potty. See what I mean I can't even say "toilet" like a normal adult ha ha!! While all of the craziness is erupting in my living room I remembered that I took these pictures of the girls and it just brought me back to calmer times and I realized that I love this job! I love being a mom and dealing with screaming, crying, sassy, bossy, naughty, sweet, lovey, talkative, darling children each and every day. I treasure the fact that the Lord has entrusted me with these two little spunky girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment