This year we had a late night at the family Christmas Eve party so we decided rather than force tired children to think about baby Jesus and dress up at 9:00 pm we'd save it for Christmas Day. It worked out to be a wonderful switcheroo, the kids were in great spirits and it really got everyone back to thinking about the true meaning of Christmas after all the gift opening. I must admit that Avonleah did say, "mom enough already on the true meaning of Christmas" to which I politely replied "and your presents can be returned if you keep up that attitude missy!!" Of course she changed her tone and quickly opted for being a shepherd! Adelaide quickly grabbed her new baby and wanted to be Mary, Scott was the narrator/Joseph/wise man. . .and me well I got to play another wise man!
Scriptures on the IPhone. . .hmmm? . . but the microphone echo effect was quite convincing when the angels appeared to the shepherds!
Our "shepherd" acting surprised when the angels appeared!
She kept putting things on her head all afternoon and saying, "lets do it again!"
No comments:
Post a Comment