Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Morning 2010

 Merry Christmas!
 It takes her a little time to get awake and functioning, thank goodness for Zbars in her stocking!
 awake since 3:00 am and ready to go!
 My "fake" American Girl doll I wanted!

 Ooh I love puzzles!
 Nothing like the boxes from the presents
 A pretty new dress. . .perfect for her!

 Books!!!
 Another box. . .she spent a lot of Christmas in boxes!
 A picture dictionary of her favorite Little Einsteins
 She made this face every single time she was tediously opening presents
 Ahh chillaxin !
At our house we believe in the "magic" of Christmas and the true spirit of giving that happens this time of year.  We have been trying very hard to emphasize that Christmas is about the birth of our Savior and about giving of not only gifts but our hearts, our talents, and our service to others.  We do not have a lot monetarily, but we try really hard to give in whatever way we can.  This year we were very humbled to be the receiver of amazing 12 days of Christmas gifts, and very large Secret Angel present drops on our doorstep.  Almost every present under our tree on Christmas morning lacked a name on the "from" section of the name tag.  We are so blessed to have people who love and care for us and our children and who gave so selflessly to make our Christmas beyond amazing.  Scott and I kept tearing up every time a "secret angel" present was opened and we saw such amazing gifts given to our family.  We hope that someday we will be able to "pay it forward" and make someone else's Christmas as special as ours was.  So I'm throwing out a huge thank you to whoever shared with our family this year.  I also felt so blessed for modern technology because I got to video chat with my little brother half way across the world and see all my family in Utah as well. 

No comments: