Saturday, December 18, 2010

Avonleah's Gingerbread Wonderland Birthday!!

Because her birthday is on the 24th it's always hard to find a time to celebrate and still make it special.  This year was our first year without all her cousins and my parents Winter Wonderland Utah snow so we wanted to make it extra special.  All her aunts and uncles and Grandparents sent "gingerbread baby sightings" and stories to start the day off with a special flare and we celebrated with some close friends later in the day.    I can't believe I have an almost 6 year old. . .where has time gone.  I am always so amazed at this amazingly confident, strong willed, intelligent, and sassy spirit in this tiny little body of Avonleah's.  She is by far my most difficult child because she just has a mind of her own and is stubborn as all get out but on the other hand she is my child that I hold very special to my heart because it took so much personal change and miraculous circumstances to get her here on earth.  What an amazing gift she is to us. . .and there is nothing like her vivacious zest for each and every day, it's hard to be sad when she's around!  I thank God every day for this amazing blessing he has bestowed upon our family. 
 Yes I'm bragging a little about my decorations . . .cuz I'm kind of proud of myself for not just throwing up an old sign and making a box cake!!
 Used some oatmeal boxes and plates to make a cupcake stand . . take that Martha Stewart!
 Used donut holes dipped in Almond Bark to fake the ever tedious making of cake pops!

 Avonleah decided that "melted snowflakes" was an appropriate name for our drink . . .did you catch that?  WATER!
 All the girls decorating their "gingerbread houses"


 Adelaide couldn't stop eating all the chocolates.  Of course she is my child that cries for chocolate on a daily basis!

Happy Birthday to you Avonleah!!

We based our whole party around this amazing book that was inspired by Midway, Utah's Swiss Village (yes that's where Boo Boo Grandma and Papa actually live!)  We read the story and had a lot of fun trying to catch the gingerbread baby!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

My Girls had such a WONDERFUL time at Avonleah's party. Happy Birthday cutie pie Avonleah, and yes, you should be bragging about your decorations, they were SO creative and darling! We just love you guys!

Jennifer Owens said...

SO CRAFTY!!