"rain is falling all around, on the housetops on the ground" and we are stretching our creative capacities to keep busy inside and out of the drippiness!
Avonleah has created a new use for the super annoying silly bandz. . .she makes these wonderful mosaics out of them and leaves them all over the house!! YIPEE . . .I've begun to wonder if they would clog my vacuum if I "accidently" sucked them up?
One day Adelaide will be mortified that this is posted but gosh darnit she looks so cute I couldn't help it! If only I could get her to do this every day instead of just when she feel like it . . .hmmm
I spent freakin' four years teaching Avonleah how to write normal manuscript letters only to find out that our new school district uses D'Nalian . . .aaargh! So it's back to the drawing board and I think Avonleah is doing quite fabulous wouldn't you say!
Our friend Shauna sent us this awesome Halloween countdown idea and since we didn't have black and orange and purple paper we used scraps of whatever and I just love how it turned out. . .the curls have been fun to remove each night!
I finally gave in an not only allowed Playdoh, but actually made the darn stuff for the girls and secretly I'll say it is a lifesaver, they are occupied for like almost an hour when I pull it out! I added vanilla to it to make it smell better and I think Avonleah thinks it tastes so delicious that she sneaks bites when I'm not looking . . .not much has changed since her preschool teacher sent home this note
We made it through our first official school fundraiser and Avonleah and Scott proved to be ultimate salespeople and sold almost $1000 worth of cookie dough! Needless to say picking up all 80 of those boxes at her school was not my favorite activity!! These are a few of her "prize items" and I think I may have to borrow them for my Halloween costume!!
2 comments:
What the heck is D'Nalian? It sounds like a ghetto name...
BTW - I just saw your Twilight pic with Edward on the side of your blog and I LOVE it. You're hilarious.
PS - Nice kindergarten pic. Very cute.
What a fun post and Adelaide is going to be so mad at you someday for putting that picture of her on your blog. She does look so stinkin cute! Avonleah is doing great with her handwriting. It is a lot more difficult than block print I think. Adalyn would love it if she could write "fancy". When she is at home she tries to write in cursive by connecting her letters and making them slant. I still can't believe Avonleah sold $1,000 for her fundraiser. Her school must love you guys.
Post a Comment