Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just In Case . . .

This note was stuck in Avonleah's backpack after preschool this week. . . .Me: "Avonleah how did the glue stick taste today at preschool?"

Avonleah: "Really good mom!"

Me: "Okay . . .Well even though it was really good we don't eat glue or we'll die, so how about the play-doh you decided to try, how was it?"

Avonleah" It was salty, like my pretzels"

. . .I can't win can I? (Did I mention that on the way out of preschool she was licking moss off the rocks . . .I've done something seriously wrong with my parenting haven't I?!)

5 comments:

Erica Shurter said...

no, she's just a normal kid!

The other day, Nick comes to me and says that Brian is eating toilet paper! I said what???? are you kidding me? so I asked him why he did that and he said, "I just wanted to see what it tasted like mom!" So, I asked him if it was good, and he said, ya, kinda! ahhhhh!

curly girl said...

I love it! Reminds me of the time I called poison control b/c E was a toddler and had got ahold of M's window markers and sucked on them. I was all panicked, and the operator said, "Read the box to me. Does it say 'non-toxic?'" DUH. I felt so stupid. I'm pretty sure glue and play-doh fall in the same non-toxic categories. I totally remember tasting glue and play-doh, and see how great I turned out? Oh, wait. Maybe that's not such a good example...

TheFischerFam said...

I am happy to say you are not alone and I am glad I am not alone. Colin has a very unusual sense of taste. We were at his cousins soccer game and he started eating grass. He tried multiple varieties...brown dried out grass and green grass. He liked both. Later, he asked for a piece of gum and within seconds returned the gum to me, but my mom later told me she found him chewing the wrapper. He also likes eating kleenex and paper. The strange thing is I can't get him to eat anything good like chicken, pasta, cheese, vegetables, etc. I hope Avonleah grows out of this stage quickly, but I truly believe it does not reflect negatively on your parenting. You are a wonderful mom.

Shauna said...

O.k., I hope that you realize that I was actually laughing outloud as I was writing this note in class. The other students were looking at me like I was a little crazy. How I love your cute Avonleah! Class wouldn't be the same without her.

Laura said...

I still remember watching a kid in 2nd grade eat his paste (you know, back in the old days there were no glue sticks) as we were making pretzel log houses and wondering if it really tasted good. I love how you tell her she'll die. It's like me telling my kids "that probably has poo on it" to keep them from touching things when we're out and about. It's not bad parenting, it's great blackmail for later!