Monday, April 20, 2009

Pay It Forward

It takes a certain amount of patience and communication to share one vehicle in a marriage, especially when the person who rarely has the vehicle also has the children. For the past four years I've been blessed with good friends who have given me and the girls rides to places and have even kept extra booster seats in their cars so I won't have to tote Avonleah's car seat back and forth (thank you Laura!). We have also spent our fair share of time walking to places like the library or the grocery store. I must say that we had nearly adjusted to being a one car family. . .not without occasional complaints on my part though . . .and then this conversation happened

Scott: "so (name withheld) says he wants to give us their old car

Me: "Honey, I'm not going to even listen to what kind of a deal you have spun with him(those of you who know my husband know that he can wheel and deal his way to about anything), they are our good friends and I am not just taking a car from them. . .besides people don't just GIVE cars away, I mean what did you tell him, that we'd sell our souls or betroth our oldest children or something?

Scott: "Seriously. . .he wants to give us their old car. . ."

Me: "Uh huh, whatever honey, I'll believe it when I talk to him myself"

Needless to say, later that evening our good friend stopped by and he really did want to GIVE us a car. We tried to tell him we weren't completely destitute and would pay something but he insisted that it was a "pay it forward" kind of gift. I can not even begin to say what a blessing it is to have my prayers answered. . . not in the way I was expecting but the Lord definitely eased my stress and blessed me with more ease in life by inspiring good people to share their excess. I am so glad to know that there is still so much good in this crazy world around me.

5 comments:

Erica Shurter said...

That is soooo awesome!! What great friends you have! :)

Shauna said...

What a blessing for you & your family. What awesome & giving friends you have. I love stories like this.

Jensons said...

Cool, I think you guys deserve it.

curly girl said...

Hooray for unexpected blessings! Funny how we pray for one thing, yet get another, but it's just what we needed?! And, I have to say, you picked some pretty great friends, too! High 5's all around.

Laura said...

I love that you can drop by anytime now! Come over so we can watch a girl movie while the kids play "dirtpile." ;)