Friday, September 10, 2010

Kindergarten Babies Wash Your Face In Gravy!!

It's official!! I have a kindergartner!!  She has been ready for this day forever so it couldn't come soon enough for her. . .of course when I told her I wanted a first day of school picture she thought we were doing a photo shoot for the next issue of "cute kids!"  She cracks me up!  Of course, I was that ridiculous parent hanging around her desk waiting for her to say goodbye and being completely ignored as she introduced herself to all the kids. . .I should have just stayed in the car, she's always been too independent for me (tear). . .oh and here's what she said after school. . .

Avonleah "Mom, that helper teacher Ms. Stranger (I think she didn't hear that right!) gave me and a couple other kids a test today on our letters and sounds.

Me: "Oh ya,  well how did you do?"

Avonleah: "Awesome, except I got "l" and "1" confused so she told me to just skip those ones, but I told her they looked exactly the same so how was I supposed to know, duh!."

Well they do look the same and I think her teacher may be in for a fun year, I swear I taught her to be more respectful than that though. . .aarg . . .

No comments: