Thursday, September 9, 2010
Back To School Shopping
In August my parents would pack all 6 of us kids into the car and drive the 3 hours to Mesa so that we could hit all the good thrift stores for back to school clothing. We were allotted $50 a piece for clothes and a super Trapper Keeper, and had to work hard to stretch it just right. . .I do remember getting made fun of a little for my clothing and also lying about how many pairs of the same jeans I had so no one would know that i wore the same pair 3 times that week!! But it didn't matter, I turned out okay and in the end learned a lot of lessons about the value of hand me downs and pass along clothes!!
Because we are frugal (codeword for poor) we told Avonleah that she could have one new thing for school and all she wanted was these sparkly twinkle toe disco ball/rave shoes!! After a lot of shopping around we found a deal and she is in heaven!!! On a side note srsly how much do they expect us to pay for ALL 25 of those items of the required supply lists. . .I'm just saying. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment