Jeggings. . .srsly do I really need to say anything about these? Are they skinny jeans or leggings or a disaster . . .oh gag! I apologize if you've outfitted yourself in your favorite 80's inspired acid washed jeggings today and your plaid "I wish I was Bella Swan" shirt and completed the outfit with some gladiator sandals. . .I'm sorry I just can't love leggings or jeggings or whatever. . .
Messy Side Braid. . .I'm not sure if I love it or love to hate it because not matter how hard I try to accomplish this "messy is sexy look" it does not look good on me. . .I can't figure out how to be that disheveled with my hair and feel like I actually got ready. . .my sister in law Cathy makes this look good though!!
Shirtdress - As if wearing your "walk of shame" boyfriends shirt wasn't enough, now they're trying to pull it off as a fashionable shirt/dress. . .How short can they really be and still be called a dress? Shirtdresses are only cute when we're talking about those cute little infant shirtdress creations. Someone please do an intervention of the so called Hollywood Fashion Bandwagon.
Tofu/Edamame - In an effort to save money, and not have to cook so much in the heat I began to experiment with alternate protein sources like tofu and edamame. At first I thought this jiggly stinky white concotion was sicknast and the hairy little pods on the edamame made me throw up a little in my mouth each time I touched them, but after a little internet research . . .I am so in love, I have discovered some awesome ways to eat these delectable little items can you say almost vegetarian canneloni. . . that even my husband has enjoyed!

Pretty Little Liars . . .I tuned into ABC Family one night when my DVR was broken and I was too lazy to actually crack open a book to read and then next thing you know I'm engrossed in this mesmerizing little delight called Pretty Little Liars. I will say that it is definitely not what i hope my teenage girls will be acting like but something about finding out who "A" is really keeps me watching. . .and sshhh don't tell but Vanessa got hooked too and we were totally embarrassed to admit it to each other. . .oh worldly indulgence.
Lemons, lemons, lemons . . .for a brief moment of utter excitement I thought perhaps I was pregnant because I tend to only crave lemons when I'm expecting, but false alarm on that . . .anyway, I can't get enough of lemons, I'll probably have no enamel left on my teeth in five years and enough salt in my system to stop my heart but I will continue to eat them. .. I swear if someone bought me one of those costco 10 lb bags of lemons I would literally eat them all . . .quickly. . yummm
Peep Toe Ankle Boots . . .I'm not even sure I can write about these without being dumbfoundedly confused . . .I hated ankle boots in the 80's . . wasn't thrilled to see them make a comeback but am utterly terrified to see my favorite peep toe heel idea join with these atrocities. . .I can't like them. . I've tried I really have but I can't. . .
I may have to do another list soon since I have a few more confessions but enjoy and share and let me know what you're loving or hating this summer!







3 comments:
You are so funny! You just crack me up! I do agree with you...but the messy sexy thing... I don't think anyone does it well, it just looks messy! ha ha
And oh how I enjoy your comments on my blog. please come down and I will take you camping with us! did you recognize the wind mill? it's right out there in vernon! :) hope you are all doing well!
Great list! My folks are way into edamame...it's pretty good! But my fave was the lemons! You are not ordering those in your diet Dr. Pepper are you? HaHa! Miss you and hope you are doing well...we live in Michigan now...can you say culture shock! Everyone always told me Utah was so backwards...I am positive Utah is one happening state at this point!
I loved your list and have to say I heartily agree on all items!! I'm not super in love with lemons, but I do enjoy a lime drowned in my cherry limeade once in awhile. :) You know, when I'm feeling too guilty about my 4th vanilla coke for the week.
Post a Comment