Sunday, July 25, 2010

Workouts, Popsicles, and Eleven Years of Love!

I know it's been awhile since you were able to glance into our wild and crazy life but seriously I've been busy . . .You see I was inspired by my Aunt Christine who so wisely told me awhile back to stop worrying about my weight and start worrying about my heart.  She counseled me to just get moving and work on enjoying my life more.  So what did I do. . .joined the YMCA. . .let me just say that I have muscles in places I never knew and I am oh so sore.  The step class this week was a bit of a disaster, but maybe I'll try zumba next week since Avonleah said, "mom see those ladies look like dorks so you could do that class!"  Nonetheless I am dedicated and have been going to the gym 5 days a week for 5 weeks now.  The problem is this. . .I still can't stay away from all the yummies so the scale is stuck at a standstill but it's a work in progress.  Last week one of my girls was sick so I stayed home and attempted Jillian Michaels aka The Shim's 30 minute shred. . .uh hello I am so out of shape and felt like crying as she was yelling at me. . .srsly lady calm down I may not be like your 400 lb clients but those freakin pushups are hard. . .Anyway wish me luck on my journey!!


Oh here's what else has kept me busy!

Popsicles and Parks on these sweltering days
A busy busy little 17 month old who leaves a giant path of destruction as she tramps through the house!
 Eleven Year Anniversary!!!! I am so grateful for this man.  This year he "bought my chairs" (watch Phenomenon if you need to know what this means) and took a day off of everything to spend being with me and the girls. . .I am in love all over again!  This is a terrible camera angle I swear my double chin wasn't that big yesterday. . .oh back to the gym, is there a machine for chin fattage?


3 comments:

Shauna said...

Cute! We just loved spending time with your little ones! Miss them already!

Erica Shurter said...

Good for you! And that is a great picture of you two! Love it! :)

Lexi said...

Congrats on 11 years! And congrats on even attempting The Shred. I hear so many things about that (my mom and friend do it) and it sounds like a kick in the pants. Good luck with it!