Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July-ish

Avonleah thought the perfect 4th of July should include camping . . .hello we live in Washington and camping in the rain is not my idea of fun so we camped out at home in our pop up playhouse, microwaved and ate some Little Debbie S'mores, and told some "scary" ghost stories around the "campfire" lantern! Although fun this is the very reason why I may not be qualified to be a parent, by 11:00 pm Avonleah had melted into an all out crying, ghosts in my room, sugar induced mess and so the "tent" came down the lights came on and she snuggled into her own bed for a fitful night of ghostly dreams!
The actual 4th of July was a little different this year since it was on a Sunday and we really try to reserve Sunday for reverent activities so we got up early and went to church and sang patriotic songs then came home and ate watermelon and watched family movies and played games and popped some snap-its!!  It was 4th of July-ish but I missed the whole parade, fireworks and community excitement but next year we'll be adjusted to our new community better and know what's going on better.  It was great to just be all together and celebrate this great country and our freedom.
Scott got Monday off as well so we went and spent some time at the park and I feel a little bit of pride in the fact that I now have two girls who hate swings. . .Avonleah tries to swing and her face turns all white and she says "stop I'm going to throw up!"  And after getting Adelaide in the swing yesterday she decided she'd rather scarf down broccoli than be in that swing. . .I know there are moms and dads out there jealous of my luck as they stand pushing their children on the swings for hours and hours!!! 

4 comments:

Erica Shurter said...

Cute pictures!!!
Ya, most of our 4th was celebrated on Saturday. That is the nice thing about living in a town where most people have faith! Sunday there were no 4th activities! :) I'm sure the liberal town of Seattle still did all it's festivities on Sunday?!

Erica Shurter said...

okay... so I finally watched the first Twilight last night. I thought of you while I was watching it! I figured I had to see what all the talk was about. Oh yes, Edward is hot! And I am hooked! :) Thought you'd get a kick out of that! :)

Unknown said...

cute cute stories. adorable pictures! i have the cutest whitest nieces in the entire world. it's a well known fact. i love them, and you. and miss you all terribly. give the stink a hug and tell av i love her! :)

Laura said...

I am one of the moms stuck at the swings for hours while the other moms chat with each other at the benches while their kids play. I end up missing the latest and greatest news amongst moms, but I do get exercise doing a lot of Mommy underdogs (I do them smaller than Josh, I just can't throw them up and run underneath..doesn't feel safe, and I've got jelly arms). Your pics are so cute. Of course!