Saturday, May 1, 2010

Big Jerk!




We're settling nicely into our own little routine in our new home but the stresses of moving did rear their heads once or twice and not without consequences given the following happening at the grocery store. . .

Lady: "well aren't you just the cutest little princesses I've ever seen"
Avonleah; "Mom, can I talk to that stranger?"
Me: "That's fine and thank you for asking"

Lady: "You girls are sure pretty. . .like two little princesses"
Avonleah "Yes thank you and my mom is the queen and my Dad is the King!"
Lady: "I bet your Mom says your Dad is really a handsome King huh?"

Avonleah "No my Mom says my Dad is a jerk all the time!"

Jaw Drop . . .Swallow . . .Whew and I win the worst wife and parenting award of the year!!! For the record and not that it absolves me in any way I did get caught calling him this ONCE last week. . .nothing like a child to remind you what a loser you are!

3 comments:

Erica Shurter said...

ah ha ha ha!!!!! I love kids! :)

Kristi said...

Too funny! Good thing you don't call him worse! :)

Tammy said...

Maybe you shouldn't let her talk to strangers! :) Can't wait until Adam starts telling on me!