Monday, February 15, 2010

The Maze Runner

So while I'm waiting 135 more days for the Eclipse movie to be released and waiting until August 24th for the 3rd installment of the Hunger Games trilogy (Mocking Jay) to hit the shelves I have been searching for a new fun read. . .I read Dear John by Nicholas Sparks (good romance/drama, made me remember the intensity of first love), Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (overrated in my opinion), The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Laura Schlessinger (taught me a lot about my marriage and how to improve it even more). . .and then I got bored with EVERYTHING until I found this!
The Maze Runner by James Dashner. . .I was typing in books I liked in the LibraryThing Suggester and this little gem popped up! After an uncertain first few chapters I literally devoured it . . .it's like a crazy mix between Lord of the Flies, Enders Game and maybe Lost. . .and definitely not something I would normally read. Here's a book trailer made by some film students that capture the intensity. My only real problem with the book is that the author invents a slang language in lieu of swear words that is kind of annoying at times. Give it a shot and let me know what you think. . .oh and just a heads up, I wasn't prepared for "end of book one" at the end so I may have you hooked on another series!

1 comment:

curly girl said...

Thanks, I'm always looking for a good book! Never heard of that website - sounds very cool - kinda like Pandora for books, eh?