We (by "we" I mean mom) whipped up some delicious cinnamon rolls and Dad and the girls delivered them to the neighbors. . .
Monday, January 4, 2010
The True Meaning of Christmas
So yes I'm still posting on Christmas. . .but seriously if the world ran the way I wanted it to we would celebrate the Christmas Season for at least a couple months every year because I seriously can not get enough of it and everyone just seems a little nicer during the holidays. I cried a little when I had to put away the Christmas music playlist, and I was super sad to take down my awesome Christmas tree and the pretty pink lights from around my window. . .I'm still in withdrawals I think. Anyway, during the holiday my mom worked hard to remind all of us remember that Christmas is really about the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ and that we should represent ourselves as true Christians by following Christ's example of service to our fellow men. So . . .we spent some time doing service . . .(not trying to "brag" about service but wanted to journal a reminder of this special season of service)
I gave Scott the cooshy couch and I slept on the floor with the children after Avonleah puked all over our beds (whoever snapped this picture is in serious trouble. . .sicknast!)
We made flannel blankets for the Utah Children's Justice Center. "These centers coordinate investigation and prosecution of child abuse, especially child sexual abuse. They were created to provide a child friendly environment for interviews and exams of child victims as well as to provide support and centralized resource referrals to victim's families."
Adelaide once again refusing to sleep anywhere beside near me so of course while I finished my quilt she snoozed peacefully on my nap . . .srsly any ideas on how to get her back into her own bed?! Her service to me is that she thinks I'm so amazing as a mother that she just can't leave me even to sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment