Thursday, December 10, 2009
It's The Most Wonderful Time
It's time, it's time (yes I stole those words from Alice Cullen) but srsly it's time for The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!! Christmas bells are ringing and I'm decking the halls with boughs of holly . . okay not exactly but I am enjoying every single moment of this holiday season. As you know I am completely in love with Christmas, like in love with it as much as I love Scott and Edward combined with a little Mr. Darcy on the side.
I feel bad for all the other holidays because I spoil Christmas so much with my love, it's like being a mom and having a favorite child, which of course I don't . . .yet. Anyway, because I cannot decorate my house like Will Ferrell does in "Elf" I try and just "make it work" as Tim Gunn would say. So we have a darling miniature tree that I should have taken a finished pictures of, but my girls looked best in the pre-decorated one . . . since the uneven ornament hanging caused just a teensy bit of drama. Okay, it was my fault, I wanted them more evenly spaced so I was moving some of the ones Avonleah hung and of course we all know that that is indeed not a very loving mother-ish sort of thing to do, so some tears were shed and some apologies were required.
Onward . . .we also have some beautifully hung red and white sparkly snowflakes, a homemade gingerbread house which requires a story itself. . . okay the story of the gingerbread house involves a great idea, a not so smoothly executed plan, a misreading of instructions, some slippage of the verbiage, and a lot of frantic jimmy rigging followed by a lot of eating of candy and licking of frosting, so I'll save it for another post perhaps. Anywho. . .I am just so thrilled that Christmas is here, my television is constantly tuned to an eternally burning yule log accompanied by Christmas carols (Scott is slowly going crazy I think but is being very accommodating this year), and my Scentsy is warming scents like Blue Christmas, Christmas Tree, Cider, and Candy Cane.
We've only encountered two little set backs . . .our ever questioning, smart little Avonleah decided that probably Santa couldn't be real because "he couldn't get to all those houses in one night, and [she} just didn't think he was really real." Of course I told her that he was magic and indeed he could get to all those houses, and that he only visited those children that believed in him. . .I think she decided believing was the best choice until she figured it all out logically. The other mishap was that it has taken 3 weeks to help Adelaide face her fear of Christmas Trees. Literally, she cries when she sees them, she whimpers when I even turn the Target cart towards the tree displays. . .completely unacceptable. . .so I used a little immersion therapy and took her through the "scary" Christmas Tree forest on every store visit until she decided that touching the lights was the coolest thing ever. . .whew, almost had to send her back!!! Just kidding of course, she's too cute to give back! Happy Holidays!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so... did you get my email about the blog stuff? I see you haven't changed anything... too much work? Have you tried practicing on another blog? I look forward to seeing it!
Post a Comment