Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

We were driving down the road yesterday running to Wal-Mart for the two D's, diapers and diet coke, and Avonleah blurts out from the backseat, "are we gonna carve a pumpkin this year?" I nearly choked . . .srsly I forgot about the Halloween tradition of jack-o-lantern carving . . .what kind of a mother am I? . . .gasp! Luckily Fred Meyers had a few half acceptable looking pumpkins for 50% off . . .note that there are perks to buying a pumpkin last minute! After Avonleah nearly gagged from touching the pumpkin guts cousin Austin came to her rescue and helped scoop out the goop! They were so cute together . . .then instead of carving we did this crazy pound the light bright pegs into the pumpkin kind of creation. . .very cute!Adelaide made the cutest little lamb, I just can't resist that darling little face!
Of course Avonleah's light up witch costume was pretty ferosh and she was so cute at the trunk or treat because she didn't want to go around and score candy but wanted to sit in the trunk and hand out the candy to all her friends! She is such an amazing little girl with a giant sharing heart.Let's just say that when I walked out of the bathroom in this get up Scott was a little unsure whether I could ride in the car with him, he said I was a little "scary." Well cowboy up there partner there's a new Kayrena in town!! Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

ROARleagueOFjustUS said...

A motley halloween crew indeed, and a family band of thespians to be sure. love ya!

Erica Shurter said...

ha ha! too cute! :)

Sonda Bryce said...

You can come play at my house ANYTIME! We are obviously on the same wave length... after all these years! You look freakin awesome... and who is that handsome cowboy? :) Love you all and miss you so much! In arizona anytime soon?